View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Obscure Alt Country Music

Let me start this by providing a little background...

Back in the 90s I worked for an Americana Radio Station, which included many Alt Country bands in the playlist. This music, while at the time wasn't my favorite, ended up making an impact on me. So much so, that when I listen to music probably 80% of the time it's a Pandora station based on, in large part, the Alt Country bands I was introduced to during those years.

With our recent travels to take the twins on recruiting trips, and with a couple of long ones coming up in the next few weeks, I decided to create a Spotify playlist (because we actually have a subscription to Spotify - so no commercials) of the same songs that are typically played on my Pandora station, along with some of the twins favorite country songs (the ones I can stomach).

In my creation of this list, I found some of the bands/songs that we played are now available on Spotify. Many of these bands/songs, are very obscure. In fact, in some cases the number of streams associated with these songs is extremely small, which means it's likely you're probably unfamiliar with the them. However, if you enjoy the Alt Country genre, there is a better than zero chance you'll also like these obscure bands/songs, so I figured I'd post some links and let you decide...

Last edited by Breeze : 10-24-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote