View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:04 AM   #894
Edward64
Head Coach

A good start for Warren in explaining her Medicare for All. There'll be a lot of pundits picking it apart etc. but good overall to generate & force the discussion. I would like to see a comparison between Sander's and Biden's alternatives.

My guess is this is a losing proposition for her as voters will be scared by the expansiveness of what she is proposing so she will be on the defensive. But kudos to her for laying it out there.

https://medium.com/@teamwarren/endin...s-bf8286b13086
Quote:
I’m running for President based on a radical idea — calling out what’s broken and speaking plainly about how to fix it.

All my plans start with our shared values. There are two absolute non-negotiables when it comes to health care:

One: No American should ever, ever die or go bankrupt because of health care costs. No more GoFundMe campaigns to pay for care. No more rationing insulin. No more choosing between medicine and groceries.

Two: Every American should be able to see the doctors they need and get their recommended treatments, without having to figure out who is in-network. No for-profit insurance company should be able to stop anyone from seeing the expert or getting the treatment they need.

Health care is a human right, and we need a system that reflects our values. That system is Medicare for All.