View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #981
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
What little I've seen of the Dem debates is just candidates screaming promises. It tells me nothing. Anybody on the internet can tell me what they'd like the government of the U.S. to look like. I'd like to vote on effectiveness, but I'm almost as a total loss on how to evaluate that. Certainly none of the candidates are interested in telling me how exactly they're going to accomplish anything, or what battles they're willing to not fight or concede to make other progress.

An unskilled and unreasonable politician candidate promising 10/10 won't accomplish as much as a skilled and reasonable politician candidate promising 5/10.

No major legislation is happening in the current political environment without complete control over congress. It doesn't matter if you're Biden, Warren, or even Obama. So there's really no point in discussing how you're going to sell McConnell on Medicare for all or gun control. He's has almost single-handedly destroyed bipartisan legislation in this country.

The ACA was an incredible accomplishment by Obama, but even that was gutted in order to get it passed and there's zero chance similar legislation would pass right now.