View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #55
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
Well I downloaded and installed the demo. The game opened just fine. I then closed the game to restart building my league. Now the game won't open. I have restarted the system, redownloaded and reinstalled the demo. Turned off firewalls. I have no clue why. DDS college basketball opens just fine.....

We figured out that it was the graphics folder that was causing an issue. Not sure why, but when i deleted the graphics folder, the game started. Anyway, some feedback.

The Play/sim screen says you can change days by using the arrow keys. I am not able to. In order to change days, i after to click the current day and find the date i want via drop down menu.

Alot of the text is very small. The league news on the right side of the screen is small, and after a while i started ignoring it, as I had to squint to see it. If there is a way to make the text bigger, I didn't see it.

The trading screen is very cumbersome. If i want to change the team or look through team rosters, i can't scroll through teams. I have to click the drop down menu and select the team. This got annoying and time consuming really fast. I'd like to use the arrow keys to change teams.

I also cannot select a player on the trade screen and open his player card. I can select the type of view i want to see from everyone, ie stats, ratings, but i want to open a player card and view a player i might be trading for.

I also want to see everyone in the league who is on the trade block. There is a column on the trade screen which allows you to see who is on the block for the team selected. As i said, it's slow and cumbersome to change teams, so i can't easily see all the players on the trade block.

I simmed to the All-star break, which i assume is the limit of the demo, as it won't sim any farther, but i did not receive one trade offer despite putting a few players on the block early.

In the league transactions screen, it would be nice to be able to separate trades, signings, d league assignments, etc....The writing is again very small on that page, so after a while, i stopped looking.

In game, as GM only, I wanted to sim the game as quickly as possible. Selecting the game speed wasn't easy. A few times i moved the whole program when trying to change the speed. After successfully changing the speed, the game paused for 60 seconds or saw, and i saw about 10 minutes was played. It did this until the game was over. Almost like a freeze. i can't imagine that's the intention though.

The game does look great, and looks like it will be alot of fun though. Just some things i noticed from my first playthrough last night.

Those are the things to come to mind. Otherwise the game looks great.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote