View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #513
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

(yep, repurposed from my Facebook ... I mean, my take is my take, why reinvent the wheel)

And thus ends the start of Georgia Tech's transition.

3-9 is two wins more than I thought this roster could manage. Granted, I figured they'd beat The Citadel and lose to South Florida instead of the other way around but the other wins are more than seemed reasonable.

The offense is going to take several years to rebuild. That's reality, nothing is going to change that.

The defense can only be rebuilt if they hire a DC with the slightest clue. Thacker is badly overmatched and should be fired tomorrow.

Do I have any confidence in Collins overall ability as a P5 head coach? Nope. I think he's most likely Butch Jones 2.0, mostly talk, little ability otherwise.

I will say this though: whether it's due to Collins, the players, or both, they were willing to compete despite being completely out of their depth in terms of talent. I question the legitimacy of most of the roster as P5 players, I believe that's completely fair to do, but I can't really criticize their effort.