View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 07:50 AM   #20318
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
According to Pew, 43% of Republicans now think the country's problems could be addressed better if presidents didn't have to worry about congress or the courts.

I'm more and more concerned that we won't get out of this.

I seriously don't understand the lack of perspective. Republicans are getting their butts kicked in every election since Trump was put in office. As has been discussed before, America (and not just this country of course) has a long tradition of believing things like, for example, that obstruction of justice is not sufficient grounds for impeachment. Not all that long ago, post-Trump's election I think, there was a discussion of the rule of law and a sizable majority around here including some of those now freaking out didn't think it was that big of a deal and the foundation of our society was just fine on that front thank you very much.

What is new here is simply a difference of degree, and frankly not that much of one. The foundations have been laid for decades if not longer. . This is why trust in the media has dropped like a rock, people practically prefer infotainment to hard news of the day, and so on.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote