View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #2164
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

This series was my favorite series ever after the first 3 books. And now I'm at the point where I have barely-above-zero interest in the entire thing. I purchased book 5 but it had been so long since book 4 that I started to read and had no idea who was who or what was going on, so I told myself I'd re-read book 4 and then go back.

That re-read felt like such a slog that I never got more than 100 pages into it, so I told myself I'd read a Coles Notes style synopsis on the internet. All that did was reveal that there was a bunch of stuff from the earlier books that I couldn't remember either. My heart sank, and at that point I think I knew I would likely never read the rest of the series.

Who knows, maybe if he ever actually puts out the final books and says "it's done", maybe then I'll go back and re-read everything and just take it all in and enjoy it. By then my kids will likely be moved out (maybe with kids of their own!) and I'll have all sorts of time. Who knows, but I'm certainly not going to spend much time thinking about it.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote