View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 08:40 AM   #218
PilotMan
Head Coach

The No#1 answer to the why not JC is that he is following my footsteps into my career. He's going in state, to the only collegiate aviation program in the state. We've looked at options that involve just flight training and staying at the local college for regular classes. The biggest negative to that is the delay in being able to move on to a 'career' job. By going to the aviation specific school, he only needs 1000 hours of flying instead of 1500 hours, to be able to be hired out. That's roughly a 9-12 months worth of full time flying. That kind of timing is critical in this industry.

He's got very, very good skills that translate to this career. So him not liking it, or not succeeding at it, isn't a concern. Of course, that also carries the extra costs associated with this particular field (+80k).

He also didn't take the SAT. In retrospect, that might have been a poor choice. When you've had 10 chances to take the same test, and solely focused on that test, you figure that the upside is going to spill out eventually. We just never got that.

The dad in me is both disappointed that he couldn't advance and get those next level money offers, and frustrated knowing the work that he did (the disappointment on his face is one of the worst things ever. Time after time of the work put in and him not seeing the results takes its toll emotionally) and didn't (so much that he didn't do too) put into to getting better.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote