View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 09:35 AM   #581
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, FA stage has run. We got our guy.

I didn't know how much to bid on a guy I had to have. Here he is: LB Jermaine Tanner. He's our dream date.

First... we're kinda thin at LB. Here's a firmer 1st round pick, not a stud at tackling, but great in coverage., and in case "play diagnosis" means something vaguely football-ish, then he's great in that too. I like it.

Second... he's a special teams ace. Like a 100. Since I am actively trying to build up that aspect of the team, I targeted him for that, too. Great.

Third... he's a max endurance guy, and I am increasingly persuaded that means a lot. So, he can line up on pretty much every play for us, I like that, too, as it takes pressure off some of my lower-skill special teams guys in the LB group - they won't have to play as much real D.

And fourth... chemistry, duh. Check this dude out. He's in the 7-8 group, which is what I currently build my D7 around. Rated 88 in Leadership, so once be becomes our leader, he'll likely stick. And he's a 98 personality - a chemistry demigod, basically.

Most important possible signing for our chemistry, and for our entire team goals, basically. I don't have to spend an early draft pick at LB any time soon, we now have a rotation I can live with for years to come.

How much is this dude worth to us? Beats me. I figured the league would pay $30-something. I ponied up $52m/yr, way overpaying, but I couldn't leave it to chance. Too important.

edit to add: he's already capable of being our group leader, so I have flexibility with my old DE McCleon - he's out current leader, but in his 10th season is fading. Only $6m in base salary, but he'll be a bubble guy, likely.

Last edited by QuikSand : 12-30-2019 at 09:54 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote