View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #877
HerRealName
College Prospect

I was in a masochistic mood the other day and rewatched the game. Here are a couple takeaways:

1. Fields is a very good college QB but Lawrence is a generational type QB. He's the difference in this game.

2. Fields' injury had a big impact on the red zone issues. No excuse there, it's just a part of the game.

3. Clemson had some amazing play calls that made a big impact. That first interception trapped Fields completely. The CB blitzed and it looked like Victor was going to be open for a huge play. Simmons covers about 30 yards in 2 seconds and gets the easy pick.

The last Clemson TB was a thing of beauty. It looked like a power run play for Lawrence all the way until Etienne popped out of the backfield and the jump pass. Just kind of a tip of the hat type of situation.

I fully expect Clemson to give LSU a great game. I'm really looking forward to what Venables does to confuse Burrow. Venables did a great job making the adjustment to the OSU run game and Day found the counter a little too late to take advantage.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote