View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 10:38 AM   #598
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, first look at the rookies.

Solid news: the BELCO ratings put our draft #13 overall, despite being only three guys. That's okay, but with pick 1.1 there it probably ought to be better.

My early look says:

WR Franz - well-developed, BPR 86, RR projects to 90-ish... he'll be another marginal WR1/2 guy... not really a 1.1-worthy talent, and arguably not worth the trade-up, but he's a chem fit and we are going to feed him the ball

CB Small - pretty much what I expected, the CB class was deep, he's a solid starter, likely a future CB1 for us, bump at 73/96 and good across but nothing fully maxed-out

DE Humphrey - okay, basically a good look, he projects into the 70s in the first three bars, with precious little underneath... still hoping he becomes a long term DE3 for us, not thrilling, but he didn't completely disappear

So... okay. We have bodies, if not superstars, at three important need positions. Nothing I see here is making me go back and edit the long term vision for these position groups. Well, I guess Franz and Lester now look like pretty similar players, so for them to be our WR1 and WR2 gets weird-ish. Neither guy is really jacked in getting downfield, which I'd prefer all things considered. We could just keep pumping our tight ends with short stuff, and reserve the WRs for downfield looks.

Okay, then, that's the draft class per se. Now we get to flip through the misfit toys, where most years I find one or two good fits. It will be interesting how many of those guys were ones I located by using the draft tool - that's always been frustrating to me, when I find an undrafted rookie I like a lot better than then guys I actually selected in rounds 5-6-7 of that draft.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote