View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:55 PM   #20874
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
It's actually led by Kushner. Does that help alleviate the concern that this is a racist policy?

Donald Trump, Jared Kushner immigration proposal ignores Dreamers

Are Kushner's motives aligned with Miller's?

I honestly don't know. Miller's views on immigration have been out there for all to see and judge. Kushner could have the completely opposite viewpoint. I don't know. I do know the administration has made it perfectly clear what they feel the proper immigrant looks like. And yes, they have articulated a preferred race of those immigrants. I don't know if that is because they believe that one is "superior" to others or they just rather see one race for aesthetic reasons. I honestly don't care. Based on that, I am not sure why I would expect any immigration proposal that comes from this administration not to reflect the views that they have expressed whether it is led by Kushner, Miller or anyone else.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote