View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 06:53 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

#13. Surviving Mars
Many (I played mine on PC)
Haemimont Games
Strategy/Sim – City-Building

This game surprised a lot by becoming the first of a Surviving series published by Paradox. As you may recall, I don’t give you the publisher, just the creator. Did you know that Haemimont is Bulgaria’s largest game company at around 60 employees!

In Surviving Mars you are setting up a colony at Mars, along with some other people at bases you can trade (or steal) from. There are two stages. The first is before people land. You are grabbing lighter resources from robots that don’t require people, like myomers. You are building up an infrastructure of energy and food and such. Once you have everything set up, you build your first dome. Then you build some homes, places of employment and relaxation, inside the building. Then? Sit back and wait. Once they’ve arrived they can mine more expensive and better resources and you will slowly expand across the area.

Then you’ll need to manage the aspect of colony management, from mental health, research stuff, survive disasters, and you’ll have missions with various requirement such as sending out 10 doctors. Sound like fun? It is!

Please note that I do consider the terraforming DLC Green Planet to be an essential part of a complete breakfast. Having missions to change the planet, and seeing your colony shift over time is incredible. See a review for it here: Surviving Mars: Green Planet review | Rock Paper Shotgun

Are you ready to Survive some Mars?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-19-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote