View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #955
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

This is an article from 2017 but there's something in it that seems kind of useful for the NDSU discussion

Financial report shows Georgia Southern athletics with surplus for 2016 - News - Savannah Morning News - Savannah, GA

The article mentions the cost increases from their final FCS days to their 3rd year (at the time) as an FBS program

Quote:
Georgia Southern has devoted just over $8 million for coaching salaries across all sports, up from nearly $3.5 million in 2013 - the last year the Eagles were FCS in football. The Eagles are also paying nearly $6 million in scholarships, almost $2 million more than 2013, and renovations to Hanner Fieldhouse and Clements Stadium have led to $6.6 million in facility expenses, up from just $1.3 million in 2015.

So basically their salaries doubled and their scholarship expenses tripled, facility costs tripled as well due to renovations.

The story also notes that "university funds" were not their largest source of revenue, it was actually "student fees" by a tiny margin. Each were about 4x the revenue generated by ticket sales and about 2x what was received in contributions.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-13-2020 at 04:23 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote