View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:58 PM   #20955
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
That's also my perspective on the current WH leadership. He's stoked enough fires, and attacked enough people that when I hear the defense "well, he's being attacked from all sides, what do you expect him to do?" I'm expected to think of it as a chicken and egg, scenario. Again, looking at who he surrounds himself with, and who he is allied with, or his past work of behavior, it's impossible to give him any sort of benefit of the doubt.

You know, I had a funny thought reading your post here, which I tend to agree with. As a restaurant manager with a number of people working under me, I of course have an employee or two to whom things just happen. And I'm talking about seemingly random things, getting sick, car gets stolen, family issues, etc. I used to feel like these people were just unfortunate in a recent stretch. I no longer give them the benefit of that doubt. I feel like people who happen to have chaotic lives have them for reasons of their own making. Stuff "happens' to people who don't have their shit together.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote