View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 02:02 PM   #56
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't really have an opinion on it, but I hate that people get all butthurt when it gets brought up. It is part of his story and shouldn't be brushed away just because he died a tragic death.

While I think it's stupid for people to get butt hurt on this, I differ from your opinion otherwise. For eternity, the rape allegations will always be there. They were in his life and they will soon be again as we get further from the suddenness of his death.

Fact is, millions are grieving his loss right now. They won't be so much in a few days, but right now they're feeling it. So is your urge to be 100% correct for the record on Kobe right now worth more than the pain you cause to these people by insisting on pointing out his flaws in this moment? That's pretty selfish and not empathetic.

Kobe's rape allegations will be under his name for all time. They aren't going anywhere. There's simply no reason to bring it up now except to cause pain to others when they're feeling their lowest.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-29-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote