View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Roster rules for this will be much the same as my previous DICE Tournaments. Any hitters that have a card MUST start at least 1 game in the qualifying round. No hitter can play in more than 3 games in a row. After starting 3 games in a row, the hitter MUST sit the next game. Credit for a start happens once the player has played 3 defensive innings and had 1 official at-bat (I am using injuries and ejections and suspensions for this, as I always do, so if a player gets ejected or injured before he gets an AB or plays 3 defensive innings, he does NOT get credit for a start). If a player is ejected, he will be automatically suspended for the next game. If a player is injured, I will be making an injury chart based on a players injury rating. Injury lengths can range from 0-3 games. There is a section on the special chart for suspension from failing a drug test. If that happens, I just add 1 game to what it would have been if the player was injured. For instance, if a player has an injury rating that would have them miss 1 game due to injury, for the drug related suspension, they will miss 2 games. I will be calculating how many games each hitter must start in the Qualifying round based on how many games he started in the real 1998 season. No player will be able to start more than 6 games in the Qualifying Round.

For pitchers, it's much more simple, I'll have a starting rotation obviously, and then for the bullpen, I'll have it set up so that no player can make another game appearance before every reliever has pitched in a game, to make it as even as possible. For example, if Mark Wohlers (Atlanta Braves) has pitched in a game, then every other reliever must pitch in a game before Wohlers can be used again. This makes things equal, lets me use everybody, and can really shake things up.

Any comments or questions to my roster rules, please let me know. Thanks.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote