View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 04:18 AM   #27
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm still a 2 for the virus. I'm with Arles in that I feel the infection rate in most countries would be far higher than what is officially reported due to the large number of asymptomatic infected folks.

Our testing program here is probably better than in the US, but we are still being directed to call a hotline that does a quick diagnosis over the phone before you can organise a test, which means again asymptomatic (non-celebrity) folks are just not going to be tested.

I'm maybe a 3 out of 5 if we are grading how concerned I am about society falling apart over the next few months. I'm glad my wife has a 6 month supply of insulin for her type 1 diabetes, because folks are apparently hoarding that also. Can still find basic supplies if you avoid the feral scenes at most supermarket chains here and go to smaller stores (gas stations, corner stores, etc), and pay a little more. I don't think that will change until the infection rates start to fade away and the press moves onto the next big story, which could be months.