View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

1985 MLB Season Replay (SOM Style)

General Notes:

The 1985 season replay is ready to roll. A few notes before we get started:

- I am not trying to do an "As Played" simulation, in fact I can't. The 1985 season disk i have doesn't have every player that participated so there are quite a few gaps that have to be filled.

- I have tried to limit over-usage as much as i can, and especially where limited sample size players could have a significant impact on results if allowed to spam the league. However, like the note mentioned above - that doesn't mean some players won't get more playing time and those players could impact the overall results

- Some teams are going to be very limited in some areas, commonly the bullpen. Because so many teams in 1985 allowed starters to pitch in relief, the number of arms available in the pen is often small. This is a problem because by scheduling all the rotations for the season there is no way for the game to know to "protect" a pitcher because they have a start coming up. This means I effectively have to set the pitcher to not be allowed to relieve, which in turn cuts the number of arms available in the pen down. So if you see some bullpen pitchers with high inning totals, that is probably why.

- I loaded the schedule from retrosheet so it is the real one that was used.

- I don't do all-star games in the middle of the season, I do them at the end and I make it a best of 7 series, there is a mid season break though.

- I have injuries turned on, but to the best of my recollection, the game only does up to 15 games.

- I'm using max rules - Weather, Clutch, Pitch Fatigue, etc.

- I've run several test seasons to insure i don't have any severe usage problems, and based on results i would be surprised if all 4 of the real division winners come out on top in this replay. In fact, all 4 have lost multiple times in my test runs.

- I am not planning to get actively involved in the games. The plan is for the games to auto-play. Any adjustments I might make would be in changing the team set up configuration, or picking a spot starter in the event of an injury.

If you have any questions let me know...

Last edited by Breeze : 04-02-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote