View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 02:26 PM   #3400
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So we did an online order with Publix today to try to cover some of the stuff we didn't get from Walmart's curbside pickup order and let me tell you what a difference it was.

Walmart tried to substitute things, but you couldn't reject them until you went to get your order. Still a few out-of-stock stuff, though they did do a good job of letting you know when you checked out online what was not available. I'm certainly not going to complain given the situation we are all in. I had to wait until the next day to get it

Publix on the other hand, not 5 mins after I had finalized the order was texted me letting me know they were starting the order and who was doing it. I got a chance when I sent the order in to say what I would accept for a substiution. She texted me as she gathered the order to let me know what was out of stock and tried to offer me substiutions with pictures from her phone or a online link.

Delivery was for that same day and got a text soon saying the order was done and on the way, it included a picture of her and directions from us on where to put the bags. A delivery tip was part of the checkout and a delivery fee ($4) added. She was here very quickly with the order.

So much less hassle and stress involved than with Walmart-I would go with Publix if you have that option in your area.

This might be a YMMV thing.

We got Publix delivery, and there were a fair amount of substitutions that we would not have approved had they asked us (non-dairy ice cream when they were out of regular ice cream, etc.).

We've been much happier with the Harris Teeter pickup system.

With all the crazy going on, it probably has to do with the competence/dedication of the person doing it for them. I can't imagine stores are in a position to train people, etc. right now.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote