View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 07:12 PM   #172
QuikSand
lolzcat

(A lament of a lesser grade than many here, forgive me... just venting)

A lot of couples are likely finding that some of their coping mechanisms are unavailable now, in unpredictable ways. Mrs Q and I, safe to say, have pretty different ideas regarding parenting and discipline. For the most part, my way to manage those issues has been to defer, and play my de minimus role in guiding our family in anything substantive. I go to work, I'm an excellent manager and decision-maker there, that's fine. At home, I STFU.

Now, being here all day, and seeing the hour by hour repercussions of these differences in parenting philosophy...it is very hard for me to just sit idly by. I'm an annoying know-it-all asshole anyway, I get that. Now I can't play my trump card and just let it simmer, leave the house (because I have to), and sublimate it during time away at the office/work.

I'm having video/audio meetings half the day, and I perpetually feel like the guy from last year or so, who went viral with the TV interview and his kids running wild. It's a complete circus here (kids 14,11,7) and in this building my role is basically the shit sweeper. It's maddening.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote