View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #176
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Missouri closed all schools for the rest of the year. My daughter is really broken up. She said, in tears today, she didnt remember her last day of school, and she wont see all those people she has gone to school with for the last 12 years.

I am pretty emotional right now myself. This one just crushes me. I cannot imagine how she feels. If Im this emotional, what is she feeling like?

I talked with my nephew last weekend and ask him if he was trying to figure out how to have a virtual prom (get you mind out of the gutter! and his response was he just wanted the graduation. He wants that walk across the stage. He wants to watch his friends walk across that stage.

High school ending this way was surely never part of the plan for any of the class of 2020. Given everything else that is going on, I am sure they can do without this kick in the stomach.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote