View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:04 AM   #3058
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm leaning toward Harris because I think the party needs some energy and she'd bring it. It needs someone who can get on TV every day and blast out the message. We've seen Joe at this age and he just isn't going to be able to do it.

The downside of Klobuchar is you have to hope you don't lose that Senate seat. Plus she's a lot like Biden. Comes across as nice and folksy. I think the VP needs to be charging up the base and I just don't see that from her.

Whitmer is interesting and seems to be polling extremely well in a crucial state. Just don't know much about her. Would be skeptical of anyone who was part of a poor early state response.

I still think Warren would be his best pick. It'd be a bone toward the progressive wing of the party. She's really smart and could be put on TV every day blasting a message.

I agree with you Rainmaker. In order Harris, Warren and Whitmer. I also think a underdog pick like Val Demmings might be good. That could help with Southern, Black, female and Florida constituents. I am worried with Warren she could get a response like Clinton did from within the Bernie voting block and not sure she helps with black voters.