View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:05 AM   #787
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay, the real story here. Teddy Tightends is looking for 2/$120m. I can probably afford to pay him around that much. Would any other human team be interested?

He's rated 42/42 by my scout. Has a few standout ratings, in good places. He has been very productive, but we all know that the team plumbing has a lot to do with everything going well here in Birdland.

There is a conventional "stud QB" in free agency, an 11th year guy I rate at 69/69. He should fetch a huge haul, in this league with no cap crunch effects. He's asking for 3/275, but the top QB earners in this league make north of $100m/yr in cap hit, and I don't see why this guy wouldn't join them. Teddy is ranked 6th on the leaguewide sorted list, and as a 13th year guy, nobody's building around him (except me). So... my calculus is it's pretty unlikely another human run team will pursue him, and that AVAILABLE is only a possibility, not a certainty. I may have a clean shot. He wants to settle up in week 5, that will presumably shut me out of the early star-caliber bidding, but that's probably for the best anyhow.

Plan: pursue Teddy, with an offer designed to get him ahead of an AVAILABLE generated offer. Two years sounds fine.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote