View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 07:00 AM   #821
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, it's "the file" day. Need to cut down for the regular season, get everything tended to, and submit "the file" for the year.

After losing ST star CB Metzenbaum to retirement, we are going to have to dig a bit deeper among our roster for the active/inactive line on special teams. I did a first pass just so I don't overlook it again, but I'm guessing the line will be in the 80s, rather than the 90s.

Notes on difficult cutdown decisions:

-RB/FB appears set, with FB Lusignan, and a trio at RB, all of whom will get touches. Hard cut got made last stage. Podolyak makes the team.

-TE is tricky, as I'm thinking about the future a bit. Furr is super high chemistry at 95, solid 83 special teams, he's a click away in both regards from being a TE3 forever. Instead, he's bubbled. Austin was a guy we loved, but he's about a year away from taking the chem lead and getting cut anyway. Eddie Breeden has two ratings (79 RR, 48 BPR) and does that make him TE1 next year? 39/41 overall, he's a very incomplete player. Rookie Fouts slid in preseason 57 to 48, my scout now says 45, nothing encouraging there.

At LB, we're very old - best guys are at Exp 11,9,12. Youth infusion would be helpful. But guys are marginal...I haven't really hit with limited draft capital. Rookie Roybal bumps in camp, now looks 32/46 and like a decent ILB prospect... 3rd year guy Peterson is 28/41, better coverage for outside, and 86 personality. Don't love squeezing starts for both guys this year, so ... what?

-At QB is young 20/39 Andrew Fitzgerald honestly good enough to figure into our QB1 plans in a couple of years? We'd have to keep 3x QB for him to stick and gain starts... does that make sense?

Okay... that's much of the setup for this year. The last couple cutdowns are going to be brutal, I fear.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote