View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 01:27 AM   #33
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Wasn't / isn't there a game that tried to marry the two fully developed aspects (combat/military + everything else) semi-recently? Like, the last year or two maybe?

But then it kinda got a lukewarm reception for trying to do too much/ displeasing the fans of one or the other by kinda forcing them into dealing with both?

I'm virtually blank on what game I'm thinking of but I'd swear I saw a detailed review on YT of a game that fits this description ... and then never really heard about it again :/

edit to add: My son tells me that the YT I'm thinking of was almost certainly a very early review of Imperator: Rome

I believe you are thinking of Field of Glory: Empires which the grand strategy, EU/Imperator Rome offering which integrates with Field of Glory 2 (battle sim engine).

And yeah, I've found the concept fascinating but the reviews have always sounded like something I'd personally hate, so haven't even made it a bored lockdown purchase for me yet. With that being said it does seem to have more positive reviews on Steam recently, so maybe something to look at in the future.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote