View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #3664
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Curious what some of you guys think is the correct response to stop looters and vandals at this point, and/or what would have prevented it in the first place. "Floyd not being killed" doesn't count - same prerequisites, what would you have done differently then, what would you do now.

I think police departments asking to partner with protestors to protect property and the right to protest would have been a much better solution. I also wouldn't have a problem with the National Guard being called in just as protection in business districts with as little interaction as possible with protests.

It's tough because the looters aren't a single entity. There are anarchists, white supremacists, local criminals, people just looking for free stuff, protestors looking to destroy something, etc. I think, though, that a lot of the protestors understand the damage the looters can do to their cause.