View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #3731
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think how egregious it was shocked people. Many of these cases provide some plausible deniability for those looking for it.

There is probably some catch-all mixed in. Over 100k dead and the economy in shambles. Seems like a lot of people who would not normally protest decided to. Maybe feeling helplless of late sparked action. Really surprised that some of the suburbs here have had their little protests. Never seen that before.

Out here in Placer county, northeast of Sacramento, CA, they're protesting. My wife and I found that very interesting...nice and welcomed, but interesting nonetheless.

As for the scale of what's going on, I think it's a combination of the video, the almost giddy look of the cop, the inaction of the other cops, the other incidents in the last couple of months involving Black deaths, the lockdowns, the unemployment, the death tolls, and the inability of the administration to show compassion and unity through any of it. Add in not arresting the killer immediately, still not arresting the other officers, agitators with their own interests, and the rhetoric coming out the the White House, and you get a week long protest that turns into riot and looting.

Last edited by rjolley : 06-02-2020 at 02:26 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote