View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #3935
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Assuming she didn't escape the restraint because of a boob grab and she did it to escape and resist the cop ...

She got free, hands free. I can absolutely see where she would be a physical threat of the cops. Not fatally kill a cop (unless she was Jet Li) but yeah, a threat to physically injure a cop.

FWIW, just a data point. I took years of TKD and I sparred with all different sized women. There were some that were formidable and I would not want to mess with. Maybe that's my perspective where I don't underestimate women especially one that escaped a cop holding her.

The points you're trying to make to defend this or see it from another perspective are a large part of why there's a lack of respect for the police and some are unwilling to comply. You can try to play the what if game all day, but there is some risk that police officers take every day in doing their jobs. If they're not up for that then they shouldn't be doing it.

You have multiple cops in the area and you're going to treat an unarmed woman as a serious threat because some girl in a TKD class got the best of you a few years ago? Their lives were not at risk and in the worst case scenario she could have maybe done some minor damage by the time the situation was back under control. That warrants at least 6 baton swings while stands still without making any threatening movements?

As I asked, do you think people that see this incident are more or less likely to comply with officers in the future?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote