View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #1001
QuikSand
lolzcat

DC BUREAU

With the Washington team, I will confess... my file for the all-important regular season stage was a MESS. I genuinely didn't even assign a starting QB, I put in an offer on a free agent, left the starting job unassigned, and wasn't even sure whether the good-fit free agent or the oh-noes-a-conflict guy would take the reins. But given some of the other changes I had made (cutting a monster-looking RB to convert him to into a pedestrian WR2, most notably), I just felt like this season would be a throwaway, regardless. We're definitely a couple seasons away from competing for a division title, or anything like that.

I also apparently messed up my playbook for the season, and had to go with some sort of oddball default gameplan for the year, so I wasn't able to target my passing game the way I prefer. Small thing for a lost year, but unnerving.

So, naturally...

GML: Washington Redskins 2118

Turns out an inexplicable 9-7 is good enough to earn us a home game in the wild card round. Go figure. What happened here?

QB Perkins is pick-prone by effective with over 7 ypa, we'll take that
We ran the ball a lot, I don't see why on earth we'd do that, yuck
WR Damon Malone reminds me how much it matters to have a stud WR, 10 ypt
This pass attack was actually pretty solid overall, esp with deadweight TEs
The pass rush was healthier than I expected, for some reason
Our cobbled-together LB corps was also solid, for some reason
Work to do ahead at DB, with overhaul coming, but progress there

I have trouble seeing this as a winning team if we simmed the season 100 times, but we'll collect our division trophy, get our asses kicked against the big boys, and start building in the direction we want. Okay, then.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-11-2020 at 08:34 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote