View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #489
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Last day of school for my kids. I am obviously relieved but all I can think about as I drink my coffee is how incredibly proud I am of them to have handled this all so well. Way better than I would have as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Goodness gracious, I think most everyone here has been out for about a month now (some even more).

This is actually closer to the schedule I had back in olden tymes but it seems almost strange now having gotten accustomed to the modern schedule of getting out somewhere in May.

*I prefer Labor Day start, early June finish but that's rare around here anymore

Easily a throwback to my childhood. We would out around this time and then comeback the Wednesday before Labor Day. Absolutely hated that shit.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote