View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 AM   #12
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I’m trying to build up a home bar. 1-2 drinks a day, maybe 3-4 drinks a week. I never really drank before but it’s amazing how decent some of the $10-12 flavored vodkas are. There’s like nothing else to do right now as is. I just look up drink recipes and go from there.

I did this! I already had a few bottles of random stuff, and one day about a week after the liquor stores opened back up, we went to the liquor store and spent like $200 and bought all the essential liquors. Went online and bought a bartender's book and a small bar set. As it turns out, my wife and I mostly like the girl drinks... grasshoppers, mudslides, pina coladas. I can get down with a nice straight bourbon at times (I got a bottle of Blanton's for Christmas that I am slowly working my way through), though my go-to when I do drink out is a Vodka Tonic. But even with the investment, we're probably having like 3-4 drinks a week. Didn't vastly increase the amount of drinking.

I guess I may need to turn in my man card as well on the grasshoppers, but at least I'm making my own.