Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 12:10 PM   #326
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Oops, sorry, given my mental state* it's hard to remember what I have (or haven't) posted somewhere.

We picked her up Thursday morning, home by about noon Thursday. Largely medicated since then, happily though we're staying ahead of the pain management thus far.

The combined prescription load -- seven in all, for a variety of functions, provided some levity for everyone here, as Will returned with it Thursday evening ... in a full-size brown paper grocery bag.

I suspect we're all slowly transitioning from "relieved to be past the surgery" to "rising nerves about the lab report and follow up plan" but that's just part of the roller coaster that has to be ridden.

*Prior to this morning, I'd only managed to sleep more than 3h in a single session once in the previous 9 days. I'm a bit ... fuzzy.

Thanks for the update Jon. I certainly can understand the lack of sleep over this, just make sure to take care of yourself too. My mother has about the same number or more prescriptions as your wife right now, and it does help ease the tension a bit to joke about how many, size of the bottle, how much they cost compared to mine,etc.

So no worries about forgetting updates you are certainly concentrating on the right thing right now.