View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #5452
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Too much testing

Houstonians Denied And Delayed Testing As Officials Roll Out COVID-19 Test Sites – Houston Public Media

The weird statement about Iceland (yeah,they have a high per capita but had 50 total in the last 9 weeks) aside: Why in the world does a healthcare worker even have to wait in line like that ? Why is it still such a clusterfuck ? Why do people suddenly have to pay for themselves again ? (And apparently cash only)

It also makes clear that testing as a sort of precaution or to prove a negative (no covid) is not viable, this needs to be curtailed asap to concentrate the available testing oportunities for HC workers, symptomatic patients and known contacts of positive tests.
It is a pipedream this sort of 'unprompted' testing is viable while actual spread is increasing.

I think that's an older story, looking at the byline.

That said, it's not that people /can/ have easy access to testing today. There are still videos with long lines from this past week, as well. I can neither confirm nor deny, though, as I haven't gone looking for a test and I am fortunate to have access to testing personally due to profession of a family member.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote