View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #2638
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
The political side will definitely get ramped up in a big way. Season 2 for union politics and then season 3 for more standard politics. I just think the big draw was there aren't really good and bad guys. I mean there are some bad people but most people are just products of a bad system on both the police side and the crime side. Without getting into spoiler territory at all I think the show pretty much flushes out what life could look like with some of the police reforms people want right now but also why it will never happen.

The political stuff is what I am holding out for . So I mentioned I watched Succession starting the same time and just binged right through it - because that sort of wheeling and dealing was super interesting to me (and the satire of the rich was great). I'm actually thinking of starting another HBO Max show that I've never seen before to watch side by side with The Wire. Am thinking Carnivale. The issue may be that it'll get more into that and want to finish it first - but since I get HBO Max for no additional cost with my internet, I guess I have a lot of time to finish the Wire.