View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:02 PM   #25
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Well I would say the dual college/pro game is unlikely to be implemented because it's two different products and I don't see people paying $70 for a game especially if they don't care about one of the pro/college side and the new/casual fan that we bring in certainly is going to balk at Madden pricing for sim games.

The rest though why do you say they will never be implemented? Look at the development timelines of FM/CM, OOTP etc...they didn't start out being the games people love. They evolved into them because a significant number of people got behind the game and each version they played it, found things they liked, found things they didn't like and tried to get the developer to improve those things for the next version. I mean you guys have an entire forum here spanning decades because you put that kind of support into FOF.

I would argue that as a company we are extremely open to what our customers want (hence why we're doing these developer dynasty streams to give people access to us directly rather than hope we come across a message they post).

I would say that if you want that kind of evolution now in a football game we're your best shot. With our games you know we're committed to making new versions each year, we not only take feedback on our forums but I'm out here soliciting feedback and encouraging people to come chat with us and tell us what you want and I will be the first person to credit some of the best improvements in the basketball lines over the years to the community so to me getting feedback and trying to do something with it is very important.

I do think though that community support is critical to seeing that evolution. If what you (*edit to post that not replying to GD in particular here but a general you) want is FOF9 I can't help you - we never set out to make FOF. Jim does his thing and we do ours. If you want the kind of things you say haven't happened in a sim football game for 25 years though why not get involved for a version or two with us and see if we can deliver toward the goal you want and by getting involved I mean the same way people got those other games to where they were - a lot of playing, a lot of talking, a lot of looking at the game for what it does well and talking to the developer about how it can do other things better. We'll listen and do our best and maybe just end up with the FM of football sims with your help.
I play this game pro strategy football Save 15% on Pro Strategy Football 2020 on Steam
a lot on my phone when I'm out and about. If you combined the in game experience of this with deep management and off field capability you would have a touchdown. I'll be honest I really struggle to get into the current football games and especially the actual 2d coaching aspect.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote