View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:05 PM   #4722
whomario
Pro Starter

Goes to show, there's issues everywhere of course: Germany's 'Secretary of the Interior' canceled a proposed study on racial profiling with an all time lazy/condescending argument: Such a study is not necessary, because such practices are already illegal.
I kid you not ...

Another thing: Police brutality, systemic racism, and a hidden ideology helped shape American policing - Vox

Not going to claim it will pass as 100% unbiased, but to me at least it seems a well researched and genuine attempt to show some of the existing issues. Starting with an analogy whose faults were mentioned a few times here:

Quote:
Arthur Rizer is a former police officer and 21-year veteran of the US Army, where he served as a military policeman. Today, he heads the criminal justice program at the R Street Institute, a center-right think tank in DC. And he wants you to know that American policing is even more broken than you think.

“That whole thing about the bad apple? I hate when people say that,” Rizer tells me. “The bad apple rots the barrel. And until we do something about the rotten barrel, it doesn’t matter how many good fucking apples you put in.”
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote