Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #333
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yesterday's staple removal went fine enough, the nurse involved (who is like, whatever the phrase, her "regular nurse" i.e. the one that works directly for the surgeon) was surprised that we hadn't been told anything and suggested that we email the office to ask for information. She indicated pretty strongly that she knew the results but "not allowed to discuss those at all". I get that, I'm not faulting the nurse in the least she's just bound by the rules of her job, but I continue to be horribly disappointed in the administrative/ communication side of things from Emory. They've been an absolute shit show throughout this with anything other than the most immediate medical procedural part. Glad they get that right obviously, but damn, they've been Athens fast-food caliber on all the tangental stuff.

And since there's no plan for her to see anyone for clarification before 7/23, I'm not sure whether I want to get an incomplete picture of things via email, not at all sure that wouldn't be more (mental/emotional) harm than good honestly.