View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #126
QuikSand
lolzcat

I know that in the recent video we did, Squirrel dropped a rule of thumb that the sum of the two personality ratings is a decent rule of thumb for an index of the affinity strength.

I don't think he meant that it's gospel, pure and simple. Whatever arithmetic there is in-game is surely more complex than just Pers+Pers. Jim appears to be fond of using rather inexplicable formulae for this sort of purpose... like the metric for what player takes the group leadership role, it's easy to approximate but not completely solved, to my knowledge.

So... is it possible that QBs simply are hard-wired to get along more closely with their offensive lines than with running backs? Sure, it's possible.

So... on your comment "There dosn't seem to be a correlation," let's just adjust that to "There dosn't seem to be a perfect correlation," and we should be all set. There's obviously a strong correlation, and the two players' personality ratings are clearly the major determinants. If there's some noise around the fringes here and there, that's evidence that we don't have this fully nailed down, fully granted.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote