View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #1146
QuikSand
lolzcat

Baltimore draft rates #31, better only than the DC clownshow down the road.

DE LoadOut is going to be good, not great... another meh but we're fine
RB Andersen looks okay too, wish he had Breakaway >12 sigh
WR Hanley doesn't actually run routes, natch, so he's ST/KR only

I was tempted by a super-fast QB who can't throw... he got taken in round 6, and looks like...well, exactly what we thought. No regrets there, I reckon.

The other guy I coveted for round 4 also went in round 6 and he's the one I let get away. Hopefully he will get a season of starts, reveal to be less than a superhero, get released or non-extended, and in time he will become my starting WILB. Patience, grasshopper.

Given the strategy we employed... I'm basically fine with this.

We have 57 players signed after the draft, and $29m in cap space, enough to pursue someone if we really wanted to. Extending T Shepherd would cost nearly all that cap space, also, so that's still in play - he's an 11th year guy, but should have a couple more good seasons in him.

We'll have our usual perusal through the 8th round, and look for young castoffs who might be a good fit, but not setting expectations high. I expect we are done, and this will be more of the same. Hopefully the team just takes one more decent step forward, and maybe gets into the title picture this year.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote