View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 10:54 AM   #11
QuikSand
lolzcat

MY CURRENT VALUE SEARCH

Right now, here's the main search I am using to glean for value. My team's cash balance at any time is between 100K and 700K in coins, so when I have cash I do this hunt pretty routinely:

All Offense or All Defense
98-99
Newest

Splitting the 98-99 universe into O and D will almost always narrow the universe below 100 players (dinnertime and late night ET the possible exception)... so searching on "newest" gives me the latest additions and a chance to snipe for modest values when they show up.

To make this work, I have run this search enough times that I have become vaguely familiar with all the 98-99 players and their markets. And with the lower-priced players in this tier, I have become very familiar. So, there is a whole tier of players whom I can easily watch and spot a bargain... including several where it's fairly easy to do, since <100K is an easy rule of thumb. So, the 98 DT Mean Joe Greene is a perfect example... the the last week or two, he bobs around between 100K and 140K as actual sale prices. if I have the cash and see him with a BUY below 100K, I just buy him and list him at 130K or so. Sometimes it flips in minutes, other times it takes a day or so, but it always works. Same for CB Byron Jones (120-160), SS Ed Reed (140-200), LT Joe Thomas (90-120), and a handful of others.

It's just a grind. But buy at 92K, post and sell at 130K, you net $25K on the deal. Find that sort of value a few times a day 9and that is indeed possible) and this is low hanging fruit to make money. Other people are doing this, so you have to do the NEWEST sort. And I fairly often am on the fence about a player (Mean Joe at 98K, hmmmmmm) and he gets snagged with 58m remaining on his 1hr post. So, I missed that one, but was on the right track.

I'm not liquid enough to buy unlimited 100K guys, but at any time I am typically trying to sell a half dozen such players toward the high part of their usual range, after buying them at or below the low part of the same range.

If you don't have 500K to work with like this and the 98-99 guys... then the same logic can apply at a lower level. You'll need to sort more finely... maybe 92-93 CBs only (watch the double positions, obv, like WR and CB for more depth than others) or possibly players within one group of cards (Zero Chill or whatnot) but the important thing is to winnow your search below 10 players, and do the same search enough that you get comfortable with the ebb and flow of the market for guys you now "know."
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote