View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 11:10 AM   #12
QuikSand
lolzcat

VALUE SEARCHES WITHOUT KNOWING THE PLAYERS

Okay, this is my new angle. Not new overall, just one I pieced together and now love.

First... here are the QuickSell values for all trade/sell-able players:

Why mention this? Because at some point, pumping up your Power Up players will be a key for you. And it's a key for lots of players out there. So, know this.

First... here's a great and easy rule of thumb (apparently a lot simpler in M20 than in earlier games):

If you can exchange 1 coin for 1 training point, that's a good deal

Players, by the chart above, can QuickSell for training. You need thousands in training to upgrade your good/top players. So, training points are valuable to you and to others, period.

As nearly as I can tell, the overall best value in simply buying players for their training QuikSell value appears with 97-rated guys-- any 97 player available in the auction house can be swapped for 48,300 purple training points.

As it turns out, this is a viable possibility in the auction house. In general, player pricing seems to collapse a bit within the two point bands we can search by... so the best values are definitely the odd rated players (92 and 93 and lumped together, their prices tend to be similar, so 93s are the better value for this purpose). For most groups, it's quite hard to pay X in coins and come away with X in training points. But for the 97 guys, getting that 48,300 in training for 48,000 coins or less is pretty realistic. And, here's the bottom line... that creates a fairly hard lower bound on the value of these players. Because 97 players are just "worth 48K" to those of us seeking training, you can generally assume that any 97-rated player selling for under 48K is a good deal. You don't need to know anything about the player.

So... my routine:

Search each individual position
96-97
Price (not BUY price, just Price)

I train my eye to skip past all the 96 guys, and look for the first 97 guys in each group. In the 5m it takes to go through all these groups, I more often than not will find one or more players who are out there selling for 45K or so. I just buy them (via "BUY IT NOW"), I don't care who the player is. Then, if I am urgently in need of training points, I flip him for training... but otherwise, i generally just post the same guy on the auction block at a point (watching the current market for him) that gives me profit... typically 65K or so. It sounds stupid, but again, we are taking advantage of bidders with limited information but perhaps unlimited access to mommy's credit card...hey if that dude is building a Seattle theme team and he really wants my 97 Tyler Lockett for $68K, fresh off my own purchase for $46K, then who am I to say no to that?

* So... understand the market power of the QuickSell values.
* Take my word that 1:1 is a powerful ratio and easy to remember
* Anyone you buy under that 1:1 ratio is valuable either to re-sell or QuickSell

That also means... if you're just splashing around among the cheap players... guys who were put out with no minimum bid... keep the QuickSell values in mind there too. 85 rated guys for under 1,000. 90 rated guys under 5,000. The value roughly doubles every two points. It's not hard to remember that much.

Last edited by QuikSand : 07-22-2020 at 11:12 AM. Reason: (sorry for the image size)
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote