View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 02:07 AM   #572
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So. Not Mental Health so much, but physically has been challenging the last few weeks (which admittedly is affecting my mental mood)

Over the last few weeks, I've found it more difficult/painful to do certain activities (for example had to get batteries at the local Walmart, and getting into and out of the car was difficult/painful, my body is not able to bend/adjust well)., and it looks like the rhumatoid arthritis is surging again.

Well, not surging per se, but definitely on the rise. They had someone come to my place and draw blood (I had gone in the day before but my veins were not to be found). They did tests and found that the inflammation level in my body is going steadily back upwards.

One key inflammation test is the CRP (or C-Reactive Protein) test, and the normal realm for the test is 0-10. When I'm doing ok, the level is just around the 10 area, so it can be slightly high). However, over the last six months that number has steadily risen, to 14, now to 16.5. Now, that is nowhere near the absolute high that I've had (back in 2016, when I was hospitalized a couple times for Ulcerative Colitis/infections issues, it was a jaw-dropping 39.1!), but that it with all the wonder drugs I'm on, so I'm hoping it's not a trend that continues

Another thing is what I HOPE is inflammation or at best is semi-benign is that my left arm is having issues from the elbow up. I'm having trouble with fine control (for example, when I'm pouring something or clenching my fist/hand, I have tremors in my lower arm where my arm shakes).

Now, with the other inflammation issues I'm having, this could certainly be related, or it may be something like what is called essential tremors. (which wouldn't be great as it's not cureable but can get better with practice/physical therapy). What I'm afraid of is something like Parkinsons.

Just trying to keep on keeping on, but yeah, it's weighing heavy on my mind.