Thread: 2020 MLB thread
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 01:57 PM   #580
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I think a lot of us have changed over the last few years because society has changed.

Let's be real. When we were all in our teens/20s, talking like this wasn't a big deal. We did it and so did all of our friends. That's the way things were. Doesn't make it right, but is just the way things were.

There's not too many people on this board that can say they didn't use the same word Thom did when making fun, having fun with their friends 'back in the day'.

Society has grown and improved. That stuff needs to go away.

Agree. I was just making the same comment to my son. We did talk this way to our friends in high school and even into college. And then the world moved on.

So I can both get it as "locker room talk" from men of our generation and also understand that it would be completely unacceptable in the context of my job.

My feeling here is that because it was what our generation did, I'm not going to hold it against him as a moral failing or anything, but also don't have a problem with him losing his job over it.

ETA: I'll also add that it isn't a word in my adult lexicon, but it's also not a word that makes me wince when I hear it, either.

Last edited by Drake : 08-20-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote