View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #56
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Makes me wonder if Ben was pick pocketed at the park then the thief ditched the wallet right after taking the cards.
Unless Plastic Man was at the park, zero chance of that. Upon arrival, my daughter and I walked straight from the car to the dog park. During walk, no one ever was within a good 15-20 feet of us. (We have an extremely friendly and excitable lab puppy that I am still in the process of training not to jump on people, so in a busy park like that with many distractions, I simply stay far away from people.) When we got to the fenced area of the dog park and took her off leash, at no time were there more than 3 other people, and again, I never got near enough to anyone to make pickpocketing remotely possible. Time got away and we had to get home quickly, so we near-sprinted back to the car, again, not coming close to anyone. However, part of the way we took was quite bumpy, and I was running hard while controlling an excited 60-pound puppy on a leash, wearing gym shorts with not-so-deep pockets. I'm virtually certain it bounced out at some point during that run.