View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #28
Thomkal
Head Coach

First off RIP Ginsburg. Her legacy will last long past her death.

Second. I'm already seeing quotes. interviews, etc from the last few years from Senate Republicans saying that no new justice should be nominated/pushed through in the last year of a President's last term. Reporters, Democratic parties in their states, newspapers, social media, etc should hold their feet to the fire and make sure they see those quotes and interviews every day until election day. Make sure its brought up in every debate (if they have any these days). Murkowski from Alaska has already said tonight that they should not nominate one now. Collins said in an interview recently that they shouldn't-hold them to it.

Third, I'm wondering if the Chief Justice and RBG talked about this especially after RBG herself said no one should be nominated until there is a new (or current Pres gets reelected), Have all the Justices come together and make it clear that no new Justice will be accepted until the new term. Make up a rule just like McConnell did with Garland.

Fourth, any organization out there sue McConnell if he tries to pull a fast one and have it drag out in the courts till after the election. I know McGrath hasn't been polling well against McConnell, but use RBG's death to bring one last charge to her side if he tries to push someone through. Kentucky got a Democratic gov elected last term, so there's enough Dems to get McConnell out too. Every Dem Congressmen should rally with McGrath, and every one who ran for the Dem Presidential nomination this year too. Organize like never before and get McConnell out of there.