View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #4322
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

We actually can write off that Republican. Some of us have been doing so for a year now. But not for that reason. Here's something posted on my facebook today. It was written by a fairly influential conservative evangelical author and speaker who has done some legitimately fine work in some other areas.

Quote:
an email that she had received a few minutes before from a friend. It quoted an anonymous statement that gets to the heart of the issue, as follows:

"This is not a junior high or high school popularity/personality contest. I'm not voting for the person—I'm voting for the platform!

I'm voting for the Second Amendment. I'm voting for the next Supreme Court justice. I'm voting for the electoral college. I'm voting for the Republic in which we live. I'm voting for the police and law and order. I'm voting for the military and the veterans who fought and died for this country. I'm voting for the flag that is often missing from public events. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored for it. I'm voting for secure borders. I'm voting for the right to praise God without fear. I'm voting for every unborn soul that is at risk of being aborted. I'm voting for freedom and the American dream. I'm voting for good and against evil. I'm not just voting for one person.

I'm voting for the future of my country!"

I couldn't have said it better, although I want to add to the writer's list. I'm also voting for candidates who will exercise sound leadership internationally. I'm voting for those who will support Israel. I'm voting for those who will protect children from leftist curricula. I'm voting for the nation's fiscal integrity. I'm voting for parental rights. I'm voting for school choice and home education. I'm voting for freedom in the suburbs. I'm voting for Little Sisters of the Poor and other Christian organizations. I'm voting for racial unity. I am voting to support "In God we trust" and school prayer. I'm voting for freedom of conscience for physicians and other professionals. I am voting for marriage. I am voting for life in all its dimensions. I am voting against euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide. I'm voting for wisdom in handling the pandemic. I am voting for protection for the Church from oppressive politicians.

It's all about the policy. Said it before and I'll say it again: this is what lesser-of-two-evils mindset brings us. There's no limit to how low it can go until we reject that mindset.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-04-2020 at 09:40 AM.