View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 06:03 PM   #20455
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Abigail Spanberger must have got the 50,000 ad bundle special. The same ad is on once if not twice every local news commercial break.

(I a) have no idea who her opponent is and b) have seen virtually no other political ads.)

via Ballotpedia
Quote:
Incumbent Abigail Spanberger (D) and Nick Freitas (R) are running in the November 3, 2020, general election in Virginia's 7th Congressional District.

Spanberger was first elected in 2018 after defeating incumbent David Brat (R) 50% to 48%. Heading into the 2018 election, the 7th District had been held by Republicans since 1971. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee added Spanberger to its Frontline Program, which provides campaign support to vulnerable incumbents. The National Republican Congressional Committee named Freitas to the third tier of its Young Guns program, which supports battleground district candidates' campaigns.

The 7th District is one of 30 House Districts represented by a Democrat in 2020 that voted for Donald Trump (R) in 2016.

As of late June, she had a roughly 10:1 advantage in cash on hand (only 5:1 edge in receipts to date BUT he had to go through a primary to advance)

Sidebar: Candidates for constitutional offices (basically federal + any office explicitly defined by a state constitution) receive what's called "lowest unit rate". In other words, they buy all their ads at the lowest price any advertiser received in the past year for the same time slot. (which is usually going to be, say, car dealership prices)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-09-2020 at 06:06 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote