View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #30299
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I remain convinced that the ACA remains because Mitch McConnell wants it that way. You can't tell me that the most ruthlessly effective politician in recent memory, given a Republican Congress and WH just fumbled the ball on this. The vote failed because he wanted it to fail, probably because it's easier to run against the ACA than the come up with something better.

I don't disagree, but it didn't help that Trump was talking about his health plan shortly after taking over, the "big beautiful" healthcare plan that was going to have pre-existing condition coverage, cheap prescriptions, better coverage than you have now, gold-plated toilet seats, etc., at less cost than anyone was paying now. It was all obviously BS the moment he said it, but that made it virtually impossible for Congress to replace ACA without coming off as doing far less than Trump had promised. Better that nothing happens than do something that falls far short of expectations Chief Loudmouth placed at an absurdly high and unattainable bar.

And now.. is Trump trying to destroy ACA at SCOTUS against McConnell's wishes? What's the strategy behind this?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote