View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 04:40 AM   #7735
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
The legal maneuverings isn't going to change anything. It's performative theater for the true believers. I mean when a a judge asks a lawyer for the Trump Campaign (slight paraphrasing here, don't have the exact quote at hand)

Judge: Ok, I want you to answer this as a member of the bar of this state before this court. (*) Were there observers for the campaign of Donald Trump in the room as the votes were being counted?

(*=meaning, I expect the right answer here, no equivocations, or I will nail your hide to my wall as a warning to other lawyers not to bullshit me)

Lawyer: Yes.

Judge: “I’m sorry, then what’s your problem?”

reference: Judge dismisses Trump’s attempt to stop vote counting in Philly - WHYY

edit: https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/st...926977/photo/1 exact quote from person in the room.

folks thinking the supreme court are going to ride in and overturn MULTIPLE states results are deep in the bargaining/denial phase of the stages of guilt, or suffering from 2016 PTSD.

Would various members of the Supreme Court like to find a way to do so? I don't doubt it. But they are also smart enough to realize that doing so would not just end the judicial branch's neutrality, it would probably be the end of America

It’s not just performative theater for the true believers, but for Trump himself. They are largely filing these lawsuits for him. They need to placate his desire to be seen as a “fighter” and doing everything he can not to be a loser. It’s a lot of money, time and continued damage to the faith in our democratic institutions just to help cater to this pathetic man’s delicate, fragile little ego. It’s a part of the process to finally get him to a peaceful transfer of power.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).